Last Updated: 10 November 2020
Thank you for your interest in choosing San Yu Adventist School.
Due to Covid-19 and the subsequent travel restrictions by the Singapore government, San Yu Adventist School will be conducting the interviews and entrance tests for the affected prospective students online for the 2021 Admissions. These online interviews and tests are only applicable for students who are overseas and are unable to enter into Singapore to complete their registration.
For student applicants who are able to enter Singapore or are currently in Singapore, please kindly refer to the 2021 registration schedule to book a test date at the school.
Online Interview and Test Dates
Online Interview & Test Dates
October Online Test
12 – 23 October 2020
Nov/Dec Online Test
30 Nov – 4 Dec 2020
Note: Currently, our applications for Nov/Dec Online Test are full at the moment. Thank you
STEP 1: Document & System Check (Self) - IMPORTANT
- Read through Admission Prerequisites and Curriculum (Primary | Secondary) and Statement of Understanding for Online Test before deciding the course and level you will be applying for your child/ward.
- Immediately perform your own checks on the testing and interview platform (AsknLearn & Zoom) to ensure that you have access to these systems.
- Step 1: Go to (https://lms.asknlearn.com/SYAS/login.aspx)
- Step 2: Use the user "demotesting001" to login as a student. The password is the same as the user name. The users, demotesting001, demotesting002,demotesting003, all the way to demotesting010 are available for testing.
- Step 3: Try the sample test for All Levels. (If you cannot see the test under current task, select completed task to try the test).
- Please kindly ensure that you are able to access the AsknLearn platform from the applicant’s current location.
- Please note that applicants are responsible for ensuring that they are able to access AsknLearn and Zoom. There will not be a refund of the application and test fee if the student is unable to access the testing platform during the test later on.
- Prepare required documents listed in the document checklist and scan all the documents before moving on to the next step.
STEP 2: Confirming your interest and course level
- Download and sign the Statement of Understanding for Online Test.
- Email the signed copy of the Statement of Understanding for Online Tests to [email protected], together with the Applicant’s name, passport number and preferred month of testing, to confirm your interest and course level.
- SYAS will send you a registration link (via email) to complete the applications and submissions of documents online.
- Applications without the Statement of Understanding for Online Tests will not be accepted.
- Each application must be accompanied with the online submission of all required documents and a non-refundable online payment of application and entrance test fees of S$750 (inclusive of GST).
STEP 3: Pre-course Counselling, Entrance Test and Interview
- Once the school receives the completed registration form, all the required document and payment, a customer service officer will contact the applicant via email to arrange for the interview and online test via email.
- Applicants will also be required to watch the Pre-Course Counseling Video or PowerPoint slides and submit the pre-course counseling checklist thereafter.
- Instructions for the interview and test can be found here.
- The result of application will be sent to the applicant via email.
- Return the signed Letter of Offer to the Admissions Office before the deadline stated in the letter.
STEP 4: ICA Application (For Foreign Students - Non-Singaporean/ Non-Singapore PR)
Applicants can appoint the school to apply for a Student’s Pass (STP) or Letter of Consent (LOC) on their behalf or they can apply it on their own accord.
All foreign-born children below aged 12 at the point of registration with SYAS must apply for vaccination verification with HPB before they can proceed with their ICA application. Click here for more information
Option 1: For applicants who have appointed the school
- Provide additional documents as required by ICA. (Refer to document checklist for more information)
- Make payment of ICA application fee to Business Office.
- School submits the STP/LOC application to ICA.
Option 2: For applicants who will apply on their own accord
- School provides SOLAR+ reference number to applicant/parent/guardian via email.
- Parent/guardian submits STP/LOC application via ICA website.
STEP 5: Student Contract & Payment
- After STP or LOC has been approved by ICA, SYAS will contact guardian/parent/applicant.
- Travel arrangement can be made after the relevant approval has been granted by ICA and CPE. More information will be provided closer to the date as the government requirements may be subjected to change.
- After the necessary quarantine is completed by the applicant in Singapore, a contract signing appointment will be made.
- Sign Student Contract and make payment of Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees (if any)
- Collect booklist, class timetable, IPA letter, appointment letter and fulfil ICA requirements.