Thank you for your consideration. The curriculum at SYAS caters to students with a view to thrive during their time with us, and beyond. Needfully, the school has outlined a framework to ascertain whether applicants have the capacity to benefit from all that SYAS has to offer. These conditions are not only necessary but essential.
Applications for admission are accepted only for Primary 1 – Primary 5 and Preparatory Secondary 1 Foundation – Secondary 3. SYAS does not admit new students into Primary 6 and Secondary 4.
Enrolment is never automatic. All new students have to meet the Course Entry Requirements (Admission and Age Requirements). To qualify for admission, students have to meet conduct requirements and selection will be based on 1) Placement test results, 2) Vacancy, and 3) Interview.
Students are strongly encouraged to join SYAS in the first half of that Academic Year. The school allows eligible students to join the school midyear only on a case-by-case basis. It is the responsibility of the students to catch up with the lessons in time for the year end promotional examinations.
Once eligible, applications are accepted only for Primary 1 – Primary 5 and Preparatory Secondary 1 Foundation – Secondary 3. SYAS does not admit new students into Primary 6 and Secondary 4.
Student/Parent/Guardian have read, understood, agreed to and must comply with all the requirements especially the strict discipline of the school.
- Any person who smokes, drinks alcoholic beverages, use prohibited drugs or substances of abuse will not be admitted.
- Any person who bleaches or colours his/her hair in any way to any extent will not be admitted.
- Any person who has tattoos will not be admitted.
- Prospective students must be of good conduct and have attendance of not less than 90% in the previous school.
- All students must take a placement test in Mathematics and English and must pass both subjects before they are qualified for admission. Students who fail in one or both subject(s) and intend to down-grade to a lower level will still need to sit and pass the placement test for that level.
- Student and registered guardian must attend Pre-Course Counselling and New Student Orientation.
- All students must pass the interview with the Registrar/authorised staff.
- Student/Parent/Guardian must submit all documents required by Admissions Office and will treat all information received in the application form as private and confidential and any dissemination, distribution or duplication of such information, unless required by law or other statutory regulations is strictly prohibited and is the sole property of San Yu Adventist School.
Prospective students have to meet the age requirement and the minimum academic requirement/prerequisites in order to be eligible to take the Placement Test (wherever applicable).
*Age = Applied Academic Year - Year of Birth
|Level||Age Range *||Academic Prerequisites|
|Primary 6||New students are generally not admitted at this level|
|Secondary 4||New students are generally not admitted at this level|