Last Updated: 11 October 2023
Quick Links on this page:
Application for eContract signing (for current student) | FAQs for eContract Signing via DocuSign
Dear Parent/Guardian, it is important that you understand the following terms and conditions for eContract signing via DocuSign before requesting this contract signing method.
Statement of Understanding (Terms and Conditions)
- Request for eContract Signing via DocuSgin is accepted only for current students who have submitted the Application for 2024 Admission (Form C) and have completed their registration to return for the 2024 academic year. For students who have not submitted the Application Form (FORM C), please submit the form and its required documents to SYAS Admissions Office to register for the new academic year. Refer to the Application to New Academic Year (Returning Students) for more information or contact us at [email protected]
- Parent/Guardian and Student are responsible to understand the content of the Student Contract prior to signing the contract, especially the Withdrawal and Refund Clause. Please refer to the sample of the Advisory Note to Students and SYAS-PEI Student Contract for more information. If you have any questions about the student contract, please contact our Admissions Officer or email us at [email protected].
- The student contract must be signed by 3 parties, the registered primary contact person(Parent/Guardian), the student and SYAS within the preferential contract signing period and full payment of the fees must be made by the payment due date stipulated in the student contract to confirm the student’s enrolment. An email will be sent to all parties to access the student contract. The parent/guardian will sign the student contract first followed by the student and lastly by SYAS. They can follow the instructions to sign the student contract electronically via the DocuSign electronic signature service.
- The 3 signers for the DocuSign eContract must be authenticated and the identity of each signer is authenticated via the email provided to SYAS. Hence, Parent/Guardian and Student have to ensure that an accurate personal email is provided for this electronic contract signing purpose and understand that when it comes to any transaction, Singapore’s contract law states that any contract is considered legally binding if the parties have clearly and willingly agreed, whether the agreement may be verbal, on paper or digital.
- In the event that the full payment of fees stipulated in the student contract is not received by the payment due date, SYAS reserves the right to invalidate the student contract and release the vacancies to other applicants.
- By requesting this option to sign the student contract electronically via DocuSign, it means that you have read, understood and accepted all the terms and conditions.
|Registration period eContract Signing via DocuSign
|Preferential Contract Signing Period
|12 October to 16 October 2023
|30 October to 03 November 2023
|20 October to 30 October 2023
|20 November to 24 November 2023
If you have any queries regarding the Student Contract, our Terms and Conditions for eContract Signing, please contact our Admissions Officer at +65 6256 6840 or email us at [email protected]
- How do I access and sign the eContract?
Parent/Guardian and Student will receive an email to access the student contract during the contract signing period. After which, they will follow the instruction to sign the student contract electronically via the DocuSign electronic signature service.
- Who are the signers for the eContract?
(1) Primary Contact Person of the Student (Parent/Guardian registered in the 2023 Application Form (Form C))
Note: For Primary school students, the Primary Contact Person (Parent/Guardian) will sign on behalf of the student.
(3) Authorized staff of SYAS. Each signer is authenticated via the email submitted to SYAS.
- Do I need a DocuSign log-in account to sign the eContract?
No, you do not need a log-in account. Refer to DocuSign Support for more information on How to Sign a Document.
- What do I need to do before starting the signing process?
Parent/Guardian and Student are responsible to understand the content of the Student Contract prior to signing the eContract, especially the Withdrawal and Refund Clause. Please refer to the sample of the Advisory Note to Students and SYAS-PEI Student Contract for more information. If you have any questions about the student contract, please contact our Admissions Officer or email us at [email protected]
- Do I need to sign any other documents together with the eContract?
Yes. Parent/Guardian and Student are required to sign the Statement of Understanding to acknowledge the terms for eContract signing. Moreover, the Parent/Guardian and Student may be required to sign the following documents to complete the enrolment process for the new academic year.
- Condition Letter for Admission to next Academic Year (if applicable)
- Pass Status Renewal for Returning Student (if applicable)
- Subject Registration Form (if applicable)
- How long will it take me to complete the signing of the eContract?
Approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- What do I need to do if the particulars of the signer are incorrect?
Please contact our Admissions Office via [email protected] to update the particulars. The eContract may be invalidated and a new student contract will be prepared and emailed. Hence, the Parent/Guardian and Student have to ensure that an accurate email is provided for this electronic contract signing purpose.
- Will I have a copy of the signed student contract?
Yes. After the completion of the signing of the eContract process, all signers will receive a softcopy of the student eContract via email.