There are two options available when applying for a Student’s Pass (STP):
- Appointing the school to apply on your behalf, or
- Applying for it on your own accord.
Sequence of events and what to expect for both as follows:
Option 1 – For applicants who have appointed the school to apply for STP on their behalf.
School will only apply for the student pass after the student and guardian/parent acknowledge, return the letter of offer to our Admissions Office and make payment.
Additional documents are required to be submitted to Admissions Office. Click here for more information.
Application is processed by the Admissions office by submitting the requested information via the Student Pass OnLine Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.
Option 2 – For applicants who will apply for STP on their own.
- School issues SOLAR+ reference number to applicant/parent/guardian.
- Parent/guardian submits STP application via Student’s Pass On-Line Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.
Other pertinent points:
- For applicant who are dependent Pass or Long Term Visit Pass holder are required to obtain Letter of Consent from ICA to enroll in SYAS.
- General processing time for new application takes approximately two to four weeks. Some applications may however take a longer time to process.
- Students are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered.
- Students must be prepared to go back to their country to wait for the approval as extension of stay may not be granted while the application is being processed.
- The guardian/student will be notified of the outcome by phone or email.
- Upon receiving notification from the Admissions Office, students and guardians have 7 days to complete registration, sign the student contract and make payment.
- Students are required by ICA to be present in Singapore to complete the formalities for the issuance of a Student’s Pass.
Information on STP application is available from ICA Website at www.ica.gov.sg