Last Updated: 11 October 2023
Applicable for all non Singaporean or non Singapore PR Applicants
All foreigners are required to have a valid pass (Student's Pass/Dependant's Pass/Long Term Visit Pass) and approval from ICA if he/she has been accepted by an educational institution to pursue full time studies in Singapore. If they do not have a valid Student's Pass (STP) or Letter of Consent* (LOC), they are not allowed to attend SYAS. *LOC is a waiver in the form of a Letter of Consent from ICA allowing DP/LTVP holders to attend a private institution in Singapore.
There are two options available when applying for an STP/LOC:
- Appoint the school to apply on your behalf, or
- Apply for it on your own accord.
Sequence of events and what to expect for both options as follows:
Option 1 – For applicants who wish to appoint the school to apply for STP/LOC on their behalf.
School will only apply for the student's pass after the student and guardian/parent acknowledge, return the letter of offer to our Admissions Office and make payment for ICA application fee.
Additional documents may be required to be submitted to Admissions Office. Click here for more information.
Application is processed by the Admissions office by submitting the requested information via the Student's Pass Online Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.
Option 2 – For applicants who wish to apply for STP/LOC on their own accord.
- School provides SOLAR+ reference number to applicant/parent/guardian.
- Parent/guardian submits STP application via Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.
Digital Student Pass:
A digital STP will be available on FileSG upon the completion of formalities from 27 Feb 2023 onwards. No physical card will be issued. The email address provided in the ICA application will be used to access the digital STP.
If the email address and Singapore mobile number provided in the ICA application do not belong to the pass holder, please ensure that:
i. the pass holder is aware that the provided email address and mobile number will be used for the retrieval of the digital STP if the ICA application is approved; and
ii. the owner of the email address and mobile number is aware that his or her email address and mobile number will be used for the retrieval of the digital STP.
(Pass holder refers to the person who holds the STP if the application is approved.)
Letter of Consent:
The letter of consent is renewed annually and the permission is granted on the condition that the Dependant's Pass or Long Term Visit Pass remains valid. The student is not required to report to the ICA Student's Pass Section for a separate Student's Pass card or endorsement.
Students who are no longer holding Dependant's Pass or Long Term Visit Pass are required to apply for a Student's Pass if they wish to continue their studies at SYAS.
Other pertinent points:
- All foreign-born children below aged 12 at the point of registration with SYAS must apply for vaccination verification with HPB before they can proceed with their ICA application. Click here for more information
- Applicants who are Dependent's Pass or Long Term Visit Pass holders are required to obtain Letter of Consent from ICA to study at SYAS.
- General processing time for a new application takes approximately two to four weeks. Some applications may, however, take a longer time to process.
- Students are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered.
- Students must be prepared to go back to their home countries to wait for the approval as extension of stay may not be granted while the application is being processed.
- The appointed guardian/student will be notified of the outcome by phone or email.
- Upon receiving notification from the Admissions Office, students and appointed guardians have 7 days to complete registration, sign the Student Contract and make payment.
- Students are required by ICA to be present in Singapore to complete the formalities for the issuance of a Student’s Pass.
Information on STP application is available from ICA Website at www.ica.gov.sg