Student’s Pass Application

There are two options available when applying for a Student’s Pass (STP):

  1. Appointing the school to apply on your behalf, or
  2. Applying for it on your own accord.

Sequence of events and what to expect for both as follows:

Option 1 – For applicants who have appointed the school to apply for STP on their behalf.
  • School will only apply for the student pass after the student and guardian/parent acknowledge, return the letter of offer to our Admissions Office and make payment.

  • Additional documents are required to be submitted to Admissions Office. Click here for more information.

  • Application is processed by the Admissions office by submitting the requested information via the Student Pass OnLine Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.

Option 2 – For applicants who will apply for STP on their own.
Other pertinent points:
  • For applicant who are dependent Pass or Long Term Visit Pass holder are required to obtain Letter of Consent from ICA to enroll in SYAS.
  • General processing time for new application takes approximately two to four weeks. Some applications may however take a longer time to process. 
  • Students are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered.
  • Students must be prepared to go back to their country to wait for the approval as extension of stay may not be granted while the application is being processed.
  • The guardian/student will be notified of the outcome by phone or email.
  • Upon receiving notification from the Admissions Office, students and guardians have 7 days to complete registration, sign the student contract and make payment. 
  • Students are required by ICA to be present in Singapore to complete the formalities for the issuance of a Student’s Pass.

Information on STP application is available from ICA Website at