Last Updated: 17 December 2020
We strongly encourage your reconsideration.
If however, all issues have been addressed and available options exhausted, please review the Refund Policies and follow procedure for withdrawing from SYAS. The withdrawal process takes 7 working days.
Withdrawal Without Due Reason
Should a student be absent for 7 consecutive days or more without any valid reason, the school, as required by ICA, will inform ICA in writing and the student may be deemed to have left the school. As such, the school reserves the right to inform ICA to cancel the Student’s Pass. The student may not be entitled for any refund as the student did not conform to the withdrawal policy.
Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
SYAS shall inform the Student and/or parent/legal guardian immediately within 3 working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not start the course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the Student Contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority, or ICA.
SYAS shall inform the student in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and shall also refund the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid, should the student decide to withdraw, within 7 working days of the above notice.
Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
Where the Student withdraws from the course for reasons other than those set out in ‘Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course’ (above), SYAS shall refund to the Student the following sums:
|% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C of the Student Contract]||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:|
|75% of course fee paid||more than 14 days before the Course Commencement Date|
|50% of course fee paid||before, but not more than 14 days before the Course Commencement Date|
|15% of course fee paid||after, but not more than 14 days after the Course Commencement Date|
|0% of course fee paid||more than 14 days after the Course Commencement Date|
|100% of enrichment fee paid||before the Course Commencement Date|
|No refund||after the Course Commencement Date|
|The remaining unconsumed term(s) less:(1) GST (7%)
(2) $165 (Administrative Fees)
The amount refunded is based on when the student’s written notice of withdrawal is received, as indicated in the table above. Only Course Fee, Meal Plan, and Enrichment Fee in Schedule B (Course Fees) of the Student Contract are subjected to refund. Other fees such as Registration Fee, FPS Insurance, Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance (PA) are non-refundable. The total refund amount is not inclusive of 7% GST.
The window for refund is within 7 working days after the student has submitted a duly completed AO FORM 010 Withdrawal Request form to the Admissions Office.
Refund During Cooling-off Period
SYAS provides the student with a cooling-off period of 7 working days after the date that the Student Contract has been signed by both parties.
The student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the student submits a written notice of withdrawal to SYAS within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the student has started the course or not.
A student who joins SYAS 14 days after the Course Commencement Date will only be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the student submits a written notice of withdrawal to SYAS within the cooling-off period.
STEP 1: Action by Student
- Approach General Office for Withdrawal Request Form, or download here.
- Complete form and submit to General Office.
- Return library books, library ID card and Student’s Pass.
STEP 2: Action by General Office
- Acknowledge receipt of Withdrawal Request.
- Cancel Student’s Pass with ICA(if applicable) and inform ICA of withdrawal.
STEP 3: Action by Business Office
- Process Refund (if any) within 7 working days based on SYAS refund policies.
- Update Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) Insurance provider.
STEP 4: Action by Student
- Collect the refund cheque from General Office.
- Collect the social visit pass (if applicable)
- Clear student's locker and collect items (if any) from Form Teachers.