Last Updated: 13 July 2022
Thank you for choosing San Yu Adventist School (SYAS). Please note that sitting for the entrance test does not guarantee the applicant a place as a registered student in our school. This test allows the school to assess the applicant’s academic suitability, and selection is based on merit, vacancy and interview. The school reserves the right to invalidate the application in the event of incomplete submission of documents. there is no refund of the fees in such instances.
Terms and regulations
- The applicant is required to sit for 2 test papers: English and Mathematics.
- The total Application and Entrance Test fee is SGD750 and non-refundable, even if the applicant does not show up for the test. Full payment is to be made before registration to confirm participation for the entrance test. An official receipt will be issued to the applicant. Each applicant will be required to bring along the receipt, original documents for verification and the applicant’s passport on the entrance test date.
- Please note that there will be no refund / compensation of any should applicant does not meet the entrance test standards and requirements.
- Please note that no stationery will be provided. Applicants must bring their own stationery. Scientific calculator and mathematical instruments are applicable for Preparatory Secondary 1 Foundation to Secondary 3 applicants. Applicants for Primary 1 & 2 must bring their own stationery and colour pencils.
- Mobile phones and smart watches, dictionaries / electronic dictionaries are not allowed to be brought into the examination venues.
- The invigilators reserve the right to terminate / remove any student if he/she is found cheating or exhibit irregularities during the test and will not be permitted to sit for any other papers.
- The applicant and the appointed guardian must attend Pre-Course Counselling and Interview within 1 month before or after sitting for the entrance test, failing which the result of the application will be delayed and the vacancy maybe given to another applicant. The school does not reserve the place for any applicant.
- The results of the application will be released between one (01) to two (02) months from the test date and no grade will be given, only “Successful” or “Unsuccessful” application will be informed through email.
- Please note that the result of our school entrance test does not entitle the applicant to other school’s entry requirements. It is only exclusive to admission in SYAS.
- The school reserves the decision-making rights in the approval of the applicant’s admission based on the outcome of the entrance test and interviews. No reason will be given for non-acceptance.
- Getting an offer from the school does not guarantee the applicant a Student’s Pass or Letter of Consent. Applicant must obtain the approval letter from ICA before he/she can officially sign on as a student in our school.
- The entrance test papers and scripts are the property of the school and will not be released to any applicant.
- For matters not provided for in this agreement, applicant/guardian/parent have to bear the responsibility to clarify any doubts.
Prior to commencement with any private education institution, pre-course counselling is essential. Through these sessions, prospective students will gain a better understanding of the school and what the course entails.
Attendance is compulsory for all applicants as well as their appointed guardians.
Student recruitment agents are an integral part of SYAS. For prospective students, parents and guardians, they provide invaluable information pre and post enrolment and should be consulted whenever necessary. For our list of Active and Expired student recruitment agents, click here.