Last Updated: 01 July 2019
Students, parents, guardians or agents are required to prepare the following required documents in order to ensure a smooth registration process. Please scan all required documents prior to the online submission.
- For the purpose of authenticity verification, all original documents must be produced upon request.
- All documents that are non-English should be translated into English with notarised certification.
- If parents are holders of Employment/Dependant/Long Term Passes and/or are Permanent Residents (PR) and live with the child in Singapore, they can elect to be the child’s guardian.
- Application forms must be fully completed and signed, and all required documents must be submitted in one application. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted for registration.
Required Documents for Registration:
Original documents of Items 1 to 4 must be produced at SYAS Admission Office.
- Applicant’s Passport
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate both original and English translated copies (Notarised Translation)
- Full 1-year result of the highest level completed both original and English translated copies (Notarised Translation)
- 2 Current passport-sized Photographs (colour, white background with a matt or semi-matt finish)
- A letter of certification, on school letter head, from the school where applicant has completed his/her most recent level of study in both original and English translated copies (Notarised Translation) (if required)
- Applicant’s Student’s Pass / Long Term Visit Pass / Dependant's Pass / PR documents (if applicable)
- Guardian's Appointment and Declaration form (AO Form 054) (downloadable at Download Center) (if applicable)
- Guardian’s Singapore NRIC / Long Term Visit Pass / Dependant's Pass / Employment Pass (FIN)
- Guardian's Passport (Required for all except Singapore citizen)
- Parents’ Passport OR Marriage Certificate (Notarised Translation) / Divorce Certificate and custody papers (Notarised Translation)
- Parents’ Employment Pass / Dependant's Pass / Long Term Visit Pass / PR documents (if applicable)
Before attending Pre-Course Counselling:
SYAS Admissions office will provide the printed application forms with particulars that you have submitted online. Check all information, read declaration and sign on printed application forms (FORM A & FORM B):
- Application for Entrance Test Form A – pages 1 and 3 (downloadable at Download Center)
- Application for Admission Form B – pages 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 (downloadable at Download Center)
Additional documents for ICA Application: (If you have appointed SYAS to submit ICA application on your behalf)
- Additional Documents for Visa-Required Countries (see list)
– Parents’ financial statements (Bank Statements/Fixed Deposit Accounts/Saving Accounts)
– Parents’ employment letters (letter should state date of commencement, designation and monthly salary) or Business Registration Certificate
- Additional Documents for Applicants whose Parent(s)/Step parent(s) are Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents
– Both parents’ Marriage Certificate/Divorce Certificate and applicant’s Custody Paper
– Both parents’ highest educational certificates
– Both parents’ employment letters (letter should state date of commencement, designation and monthly salary) or Business Registration Certificate
– Both parents’ monthly CPF contribution statements for the past 12 months
– Both parents’ Income Tax Assessment for the past 3 years
Verification of Vaccination Requirements (VR) for Foreign-born children below aged 12 years old and below
- HPB reference number (Refer to Vaccination Requirements for Foreign-born Children for more information.)
Additional Documents for SDA:
- A copy of the applicant’s baptismal certificate / parent’s baptismal certificate / a letter from church pastor confirming that applicant / parents are baptised members of the SDA church.
- A letter from church pastor confirming that applicant / parent(s) are active members of the SDA church and have been baptised for more than one year.