Office Hours During Chinese New Year
Please be informed that the office will be closed:
31 January 2022 (Monday) - 04 February 2022 (Friday) - Chinese New Year Holiday
Update on vaccination exercise for 5 to 11-year-olds
The Ministry of Education (MOE) and Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) have issued a joint statement to update on the COVID-19 vaccination exercise for children aged 5 to 11 on 3 January 2022.
From 10 January 2022 (Monday), all accompanying siblings of a child with an appointment on Mondays to Thursdays before 7pm can walk in for their vaccination without prior appointment. Parents/guardians who have booked multiple appointments for different children are encouraged to keep only one desired slot and cancel the remaining bookings on the National Appointment System (NAS).
Please refer here for more information.
Letter I from Discipline Committee 2022
Welcome back to Term 1! Please refer to Letter I from the Discipline Committee.
2022 First day of school
31 Dec 2021
2022 First Day of School Information (Revised)
Greetings from SYAS. We hope that our students are looking forward to a brand new academic year where they can learn and grow together with teachers and friends.
To keep our students safe, we would be implementing a staggered schedule for students to return to SYAS as follows:
Vaccination exercise for 5 to 11-year-olds
The Ministry of Education (MOE) had issued a statement to update on the COVID-19 vaccination exercise for children aged 5 to 11 on 27 December 2021.
The opening of the National Appointment System (NAS) for children aged 5 to 8 will be brought forward In the earlier joint press release (https://www.moe.gov.sg/news/press-releases/20211221-protecting-our-children-from-covid-19-with-vaccination-for-5-to-11-year-olds), the opening of NAS was slated for the week of 10 January 2022 for children aged 5 to 8.
From 6 January 2022 (Thursday), parents/guardians of all children/wards aged 5 to 8 can register their interest to vaccinate their child/ward at child.vaccine.gov.sg.
You can refer here for more information.
Office hours in December
Please be informed that the office will be closed:
- 24 December 2021 (Friday) - After 12.00pm
- 27 December 2021 (Monday) - School Holiday
- 28 December 2021 (Tuesday) - 8.00am - 12.00pm
- 31 December 2021 (Friday) - After 12.00pm
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
2 December 2021
Dear International Students,
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
- 1. Student’s Pass (STP) holders and Dependent Pass (DP) holders who enter Singapore from 1 November 2021 via the Student’s Pass Holder Lane (STPHL) and Work Pass Holder General Lane (WPHL) must meet the COVID-19 vaccination requirements for entry. This includes post-entry requirements for pass holders who are aged 12 and above at the point of arrival:
Those who entered Singapore before they were fully vaccinated*^ must complete the full vaccination regimen within two months after they arrive in Singapore. Please visit https://www.vaccine.gov.sg for information on getting vaccinated in Singapore
a. Those who were fully vaccinated overseas^ must update their vaccination records in the National Immunisation Registry (NIR) within 14 days of completing their self-isolation or Stay-Home Notice in Singapore. To do so, they will need to show documentary proof of their overseas vaccination, and a positive serology test result taken at a Public Health Preparedness Clinic (https://www.phpc.gov.sg) at their own expense. If the serology test result is negative, they must complete the full vaccination regimen within two months of the negative test result.
b. Those who are medically ineligible for vaccination must, at their own expense, seek medical consultation in Singapore and be certified to be medically ineligible for all COVID-19 vaccines under Singapore’s National Vaccination Programme, within 14 days of completing their self-isolation or Stay-Home Notice in Singapore. Otherwise, they must complete the full vaccination regimen within two months of their arrival.
*Those aged below 18 may enter without proof of vaccination. Nonetheless, all travellers are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated prior to entering Singapore, where possible.
^An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after he/she has received the full regimen of World Health Organization Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) vaccines.
- As part of Singapore’s Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS), individuals must be fully vaccinated to participate in certain activities, such as dining, entering shopping malls or attending performances. Individuals should download the TraceTogether (TT) app (https://tracetogether.gov.sg), which will be updated with their vaccination status after they have completed the steps described in Paragraph [email protected], as proof of vaccination while going around Singapore.
@Travellers who are vaccinated overseas and present valid vaccination certificates to immigration officers upon arrival may have their TT apps updated with a temporary vaccinated status. This may expire 30 days after arrival. Updating their vaccination records in the NIR as described in Paragraph 1b will allow the vaccinated status to be extended beyond 30 days.
- Students aged 12 and above who have entered Singapore are reminded to complete the above requirements as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. This will help to keep you and those around you safe. Please note that enforcement actions, including revocation of passes, may be taken for non-compliance or false declarations. No further action is required for those who have already completed their vaccination in Singapore before travelling overseas, or those below the age of 12.
- For more information on the vaccination requirements, please refer to the links in the table below. For those who have yet to enter Singapore, you may also refer to the resources below for entry requirements and processes for the various Safe Travel lanes. Those who require further assistance may call the SafeTravel Enquiries Helpline at 6812 5555 or submit a query via the webform at https://go.gov.sg/sto-enquiry. For more information on VDS, please visit https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19-phase-advisory.
Advisory for the coming school holidays
ADVISORY FOR THE COMING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
With the upcoming year-end school holidays, the Singapore Police Force (SPF), Central
Narcotics Bureau (CNB), National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) and National Council
Against Drug Abuse (NCADA) would like to remind you of the consequences of committing crime
and drug/inhalant abuse, as well as to take measures to avoid being victims of crime.
You can refer to the letter for more information
Updated announcement: Novena Regency Traffic Circulation
LTA has informed us today that the plan to reverse the flow of traffic for Novena Regency on 14 Nov 2021 has been postponed to 2022. Therefore there will be no change to the traffic direction for Novena Regency. For more information, please refer to the LTA notice attached.
Term 4 Updates
10 November 2021
Term 4 Updates
Removal of Day 2 of Script Checking
1. No Change - Day 1 of Script Checking:
Students are to report to school as usual on Monday, 15 Nov. They will follow their current timetable to check their year-end continuous assessment/examination scripts. Please take note that they will have to complete an ART on Sunday, 14 Nov, and submit the results to their form teachers between 3pm and 6 pm.
2. No School – Day 2 of Script Checking Cancelled
Students do not need to report to school on Tuesday, 16 Nov. We would like students to stay at home and minimise interaction in view of the rising numbers of Covid cases in Singapore. Tuesday to Thursday, 16 to 18 Nov, are stipulated no school days reflected in the school calendar.
On Friday, 19 Nov, students will report to school as usual to receive their progress reports and view the annual primary school prize giving and P6 graduation ceremony. Staggered dismissal will start from 10.20am.
Changes in Traffic Rules near SYAS
Please take note of the following changes to the road works and traffic near SYAS from 14 November 2021 onwards:
1. Reverse flow of traffic for Novena Regency from 14 November 2021, 9am onwards. Please refer to the LTA notice on the next page for more information.
2. With the Novena Regency traffic circulation reversed, parents/guardians will no longer be able to turn in towards Novena Regency (at SYAS) to drop off or pick up your child/ward.
3. In addition, part of the road works in front of SYAS will be shifted away from 14 November. Therefore, you can drop off your child/ward along Thomson Road in front of the school. Alternatively, you can pick up and drop off your child/ward along Chancery Lane as well.
4. A gentle reminder to all parents and guardians to be considerate and not park your vehicles along our neighbours’ driveways and obstruct traffic during pick up.